Update on Coronavirus (COVID-19) 3/25/20
We continue to monitor the latest news about the Coronavirus. The health and well-being of our staff and members is our top priority. We will remain open and ready to serve you, however we have made a few changes to the way we normally conduct business.
Effective, Friday, March 20, 2020:
- We have closed our lobbies to normal foot traffic.
- You must make an appointment in advance if you need to meet with someone in person. Please call 1-800-276-5775 to schedule an appointment.
- All drive-thru locations will remain open during normal business hours.
We are here to help you during this challenging time. You will continue to have full access to your accounts, and can rest assured that your money is safe and secure. We encourage you to take advantage of these electronic self-service options for round-the-clock access to your account(s):
- Fireline Online Banking
- Mobile Banking App with Mobile Deposit
- Online Bill Pay
- Firelands Cards App
- Firelands ATM locations
If you’d prefer to speak with someone over the phone, please reach out to us at 1-800-276-5775. We are able to assist you with most transactions via phone, and we will be available to help answer your questions.
During this time of uncertainty, we are prepared to continue serving you. Firelands FCU recognizes that some of our members may be facing hardship and we are here to help in any way we can. Online loan applications are available, and in most cases you can sign loan documents electronically without leaving home. If you are having a tough time making existing loan payments due to this outbreak, please contact us at 567-214-4490. We will work with you to come up with a plan.
Income Replacement Loan
In order to help those who may need temporary financial resources during the COVID-19 recovery period, we’re offering an Income Replacement Loan.
- Borrow up to $5,000 at an interest rate of 5.00%*
- First payment not due for 90 days
- Maximum 24 month term
- Must be a member in good standing for at least 3 months prior to application
*Based on loan amount of $4,950, rate of 5.00%, with 90 days to first payment, $50 application fee, and 24 monthly payments of $218.98, APR would be 5.856%. APR is Annual Percentage Rate. Amount approved is based on credit-worthiness. Income Replacement Loans cannot be used to refinance existing loans at Firelands FCU. You may qualify for an Income Replacement Loan if you already have a SMART Loan, however, you will not be eligible for another SMART Loan until 2021 unless the Income Replacement Loan is paid off. This loan offer may be terminated or altered at any time without warning. Proof of pre-COVID-19 income may be required.
Temporary Changes to Member Fees
We have temporarily suspended or reduced the following fees during this time. These fees will automatically be waived. You do not need to call to have these refunded.
- Overdraft transfers from lines of credit – temporarily waived
- Overdraft transfers from savings – temporarily waived
- Privilege Pay – reduced to $15
- Foreign ATM fees – temporarily waived
- ATM balance inquiry fees – temporarily waived
- Participation fees – temporarily waived beginning April 1, 2020
Avoid Coronavirus Scams
Be cautious of text messages, emails and phone calls regarding Coronavirus. Fraudsters often exploit circumstances like this for personal benefit. For more updates on Coronavirus scams, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.
Here are some tips from the Federal Trade Commission to help you avoid these scams:
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know. They could download viruses onto your computer or device.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or experts saying they have information about the virus. For the most up-to-date information about the Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations. There currently are no vaccines, pills, potions, lotions, lozenges or other prescription or over-the-counter products available to treat or cure Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) — online or in stores.
- Do your homework when it comes to donations, whether through charities or crowdfunding sites. Don’t let anyone rush you into making a donation. If someone wants donations in cash, by gift card, or by wiring money, don’t do it.
Reliable Sources for COVID-19 Health Information
- About COVID-19
- Prevention & Treatment
- Information for Travelers
- Latest Updates
- Advice for the Public