Update on Coronavirus (COVID-19) 6/29/20
We continue to monitor the latest news about the Coronavirus. The health and well-being of our staff and members remains our top priority. You will notice a few changes in the way we are conducting business.
For the safety of our staff and guests:
- DO NOT ENTER if you have SYMPTOMS of or EXPOSURE to COVID-19!
- We are requiring our employees to wear a face covering while working with you and each other. We encourage you to put on a complimentary mask – available near the door – before entering our offices.
- For your security, all members will be asked for ID before performing transactions, because of the use of masks making it difficult to recognize you.
- Each of our offices has a sign posted on the door. Please take a moment to read this safety information before entering.
- Every branch is limited to a certain number of guests that may be in the building at the same time. We have spaced floor markers 6 ft apart. If no floor markers are available, please remain outside the building until one is available.
- Public restrooms are closed.
Effective, Monday, May 18, 2020 lobbies are open to our members, however:
- We recommend making an appointment if you need to meet with someone in person to avoid congestion in the lobby;
- Or give us a call at 1-800-276-5775. We are able to assist you with most transactions via phone, limiting the need for you to come to a branch.
- We encourage you to continue using these electronic, self-service options that give you around-the-clock access to your account(s):
During this time of uncertainty, we are prepared to continue serving you. Firelands FCU recognizes that some of our members may be facing hardship and we are here to help in any way we can. Online loan applications are available, and in most cases you can sign loan documents electronically without leaving home. If you are having a tough time making existing loan payments due to this outbreak, please contact us at 567-214-4490. We will work with you to come up with a plan.
Income Replacement Loan
In order to help those who may need temporary financial resources during the COVID-19 recovery period, we’re offering an Income Replacement Loan.
- Borrow up to $5,000 at an interest rate of 5.00%*
- First payment not due for 90 days
- Maximum 24 month term
- Must be a member in good standing for at least 3 months prior to application
*Based on loan amount of $4,950, rate of 5.00%, with 90 days to first payment, $50 application fee, and 24 monthly payments of $218.98, APR would be 5.856%. APR is Annual Percentage Rate. Amount approved is based on credit-worthiness. Income Replacement Loans cannot be used to refinance existing loans at Firelands FCU. You may qualify for an Income Replacement Loan if you already have a SMART Loan, however, you will not be eligible for another SMART Loan until 2021 unless the Income Replacement Loan is paid off. This loan offer may be terminated or altered at any time without warning. Proof of pre-COVID-19 income may be required.
Regarding Unemployment Direct Deposits
For a CHECKING deposit, use the account number at the bottom center of your personal checks, do not include leading zeros. For a SAVINGS deposit, use just your member account number. There should be no *s in your account number.
If you have questions about what number to provide, please contact us at 1-800-276-5775.
Firelands Federal Credit Union’s Routing & Transit Number is 241274077
Economic Impact Payments
As the IRS begins distributing Economic Impact Payments, you can find more information, including your payment status, by visiting the IRS' website.
Use the "Get My Payment" application to check your payment status, confirm your payment type - direct deposit or check - and enter your bank account information for direct deposit if they have not sent your payment yet. The IRS has noted increased wait times to access the site due to high demand at this time.
Temporary Changes to Member Fees
We have temporarily suspended or reduced the following fees during this time. These fees will automatically be waived. You do not need to call to have these refunded.
- Overdraft transfers from lines of credit – temporarily waived
- Overdraft transfers from savings – temporarily waived
- Privilege Pay – reduced to $15
- Foreign ATM fees – temporarily waived
- ATM balance inquiry fees – temporarily waived
- Participation fees – temporarily waived beginning April 1, 2020
Avoid Coronavirus Scams
Be cautious of text messages, emails and phone calls regarding Coronavirus. Fraudsters often exploit circumstances like this for personal benefit. For more updates on Coronavirus scams, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.
Here are some tips from the Federal Trade Commission to help you avoid these scams:
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know. They could download viruses onto your computer or device.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or experts saying they have information about the virus. For the most up-to-date information about the Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations. There currently are no vaccines, pills, potions, lotions, lozenges or other prescription or over-the-counter products available to treat or cure Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) — online or in stores.
- Do your homework when it comes to donations, whether through charities or crowdfunding sites. Don’t let anyone rush you into making a donation. If someone wants donations in cash, by gift card, or by wiring money, don’t do it.
Reliable Sources for COVID-19 Health Information
- About COVID-19
- Prevention & Treatment
- Information for Travelers
- Latest Updates
- Advice for the Public