Avoid the inconvenience, embarrassment and expense of checks returned because of insufficient funds in your checking account. Firelands Federal Credit Union offers three great options for overdraft protection.
Overdraft Line of Credit
- Advances are made in multiples of $100
- Minimum line is $100
- If you carry a balance in your account, the minimum payment is automatically deducted from your checking account on the due date
- See current fee schedule for applicable fee
- You must apply for this service since it is considered a loan
Overdraft From Savings
- Automatically transfers from your savings in $100 multiples
- Maximum six transfers per month, per federal regulations
- See current fee schedule for Transfer Fee
- This service is automatic - no application is necessary
- Total overdrafts cannot exceed $500, including fees
- A $29 fee will be assessed for each overdraft
- This service is automatic for checks, ACH, and recurring debit card transactions – no application necessary. You may choose to opt-in to coverage for ATM and debit card transactions by contacting a Member Service Representative.
* We will charge you a fee of $29 each time we pay an overdraft. We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions: Checks, transactions made using your checking account number, and automatic bill payments.We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (opt in): ATM transactions, everyday debit card transactions. Whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, or you are not making regular deposits, or you have too many overdrafts. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined. The amount of any overdraft plus our overdraft funds charge(s) that you owe us shall be due and payable upon demand. Available to member-owned accounts in good standing for personal or household use. We reserve the right to limit participation to one account per household and to change or discontinue this product at any time without notice.Go to main navigation